Why choose Fiji and the Viti Water Sports IDC?
- The weather, is hot and sunny - who doesn`t like good weather!
- Easy to get to, Viti Water Sports is just 20 mins drive from Nadi International Airport and in the hub of all types of accommodation from back packers to 5* Resorts.
- The diving is world class, with some of the best dive sites in Fiji, amazing azure clear waters, where else would you want to complete your training.
- Pre class support, as soon as you enroll on the VWS IDC our Course Director will contact you to join weekly online meetings to help you prepare for your IDC.
- Modern teaching techniques, combining the latest digital technology with time tested practical sessions you can be assured of the best possible training.
Where is the Viti Water Sports IDC held
- Majority of the Classroom work will be done online using zoom style meetings. Each session is a compulsory attendance to complete the course
- Sessions will be run for several hours one day per weekfor 12 weeks.
- Physical in-class sessions are run at our diveshop in the marina for small numbers, alternatively we use other local locations for larger group sizes
- Confined Water - we use a local pool for this
- Open Water - We conduct our open water diving in the amazing Mamanuca Islands, we take a 45 - 60 min boat ride to some of the best dive sites in Fiji,
Whats included in the Viti Water Sports IDC
- Pre-course preparation (online assistance)
- Daily Gift
- Refreshments (Tea/Coffee etc)
- All confined water and open water fees
- Tanks & Weights
- Transfers between Classroom, Confined Water Site and Open Water Site
- Additional workshops
- Course Handouts
- Post IE Party
What is not included in the Viti Water Sports IDC
- Any required materials or equipment.
- Dive equipment can be purchased or hired from us.
- Any required materials can be purchased from us.
- Accommodation - ask us for recommendations.
- PADI IE & Instructor application fees, these are payable direct to PADI.
- Additional Courses
What languages to you teach the IDC in?
The PADI materials are available in many languages but unfortunately we only teach the IDC in English, we do have access to IDC Staff Instructors with other languages that may be available as translators, or you can bring your own - contact us about this.
What are the pre-requisites for the course?
- PADI Divemaster (or leadership qualification from another organisation
- Diver for at least 6 months
- 60 Logged Dives (100 to enroll in the IE)
- EFR Primary & Secondary Care (within 24 months)
- Medical Statement signed by a Physician (within 12 months)
- EFR Instructor is also required but can be completed at anytime prior to application.
How can I pay?
Payment can be made by the following methods:
- Cash - in person (who doesn't like cash!)
- Card - in person only - sorry we cannot take card payments over the phone
- PAYPAL - Contact us for details
- Bank Transfer - Contact us for details
On completion of the course what can I teach?
On completion of the Viti Water Sports Instructor Development Course and successfully passing the following subsequent independent PADI Instructor Exam you will be able to teach the following courses:
- PADI Open Water Diver
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- PADI Rescue Diver
- PADI Divemaster
- PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Project Aware Course
- Coral Reef Conservation Course
- 5 PADI Specialty Courses if you complete the MSDT Prep - Now included free!!!
How much are the PADI fees?
The PADI fees are payable direct to PADI and for 2023 they are:
- IDC Application: $312 AUD
- IE Fee: $1055 AUD
- EFRI Application : $215 AUD
- Specialty Instructor Application $615 AUD
What are accommodation options?
- Accommodation is not included in the Viti Water Sports IDC, however there is an abundance of accommodation available in the surrounding area, from $50 FJD per night backpacker to 5* Luxury resorts.
- We can also arrange homestay with members of our staff.